Support the Game UI Database!
The Game UI Database was created by Edd Coates as a free resource for UI/UX Designers in the games industry. It was built to aid in the discovery of new inspiration, and to provide a fast and efficient way of searching for reference materials.
All contributions go towards server maintenance, and help ensure that the site will be updated for many years to come!
If you would like to submit games to the database, here's a quick guide on how you can contribute and help us grow!
Your content will be added to the site shortly after, and all contributors will be credited.
Here are some things to remember:
- Don't worry about labelling your screenshots - simply provide as many different examples of UI as you can from a single game, and we'll do the rest!
- For settings screens, don't forget to take a screenshot of each category (eg. Display, Audio, Accessibility etc)!
- If the game has a lot of HUD elements, please show the gameplay in different states (low & high health, ability cooldowns etc)
Simply press the screenshot button to save to your memory card.
Don't worry about the resolution, the database will automatically upscale these to 1080p!
Android & iOS
Simply use the built-in screenshot and capture tools on your device to grab footage from each game.
Retro & Handheld
16/32/64 bit & Pixel Art: Please send these as close to the original resolution as possible to ensure the screens are as crisp as possible.
Gamecube, PS2, Wii & Xbox: Please send these as close to the original resolution as possible. These will be upscaled automatically by the database.
Don't worry about the aspect ratio, the database will automatically trim off any side borders.
VR references are coming! These are a bit tricky, so here are some best practices that'll help you become a virtual UI photographer in no time.
- Video is preferred, but screenshots are fine as long as you can frame the UI in each shot. Here's an example.
- If you're capturing any footage of menu navigation or selection, please make sure you're facing the active part of the screen.
- For video: please don't cycle through menus too quickly! Leave enough time for any looped animations or hover states to play for a bit.
- For video: All audio must be included. These will be also used as references for audio designers.
1) Open SteamVR and launch game.
2) Right click on SteamVR panel and select "Display VR View" to mirror footage to monitor.
3) Right click footage on monitor and select "Both Eyes - Left Dominant".
Meta Quest 2
Simply use the device's built in capture tools to save video footage to storage.
Note: If you're an advanced user, it's possible to increase the quality of recordings by following this guide.
We're now accepting video content! These will be added to the database in a future update.
- Please don't edit your footage into smaller clips. Simply send us your original footage and we'll automatically clip and tag them for you!
- If you're sending a video that covers all of the game's UI, you don't need to worry about screenshots. We can grab them from the videos (except with Switch games!)
- Please don't cycle through menus too quickly! Leave enough time for any looped animations or hover states to play for a bit.
- All audio must be included. These will be also used as references for audio designers.
PS4 & PS5
PS5: Make sure the Video Clip Format is set to MP4, and HDR is disabled on backwards compatible PS4 titles. [GUIDE]
PS4: Capture at default settings. Disable HDR on PS4 Pro.
Hold down the capture button to save a 30 second clip to your memory card.
Try to capture any screen transitions, menu demonstrations or gameplay footage.
Huge thanks to Game Dev London for supporting me on the growth of this project.
Thanks to @Mcdoogleh for being an early tester, and assisting with his invaluable feedback.
Thank you to Ben Woodford (@IrregularExpr) for providing a ton of fantastic advice and helping with site optimizations when 35,000 people visited - and crashed - the site on launch weekend.
Humongous thanks to Jay Peet (@Jay_X_Peet) for rescuing me with a brand new dedicated server, and for staying up with me til the wee hours to get the site up and running again.
This site is dedicated to my awesome boyfriend Matt.
Jaiden Hunter (@plays_jai)
Gareth Wright (@Gaz_Wright)
Polat Yarisci (@PYarisci)
Nina McKee (@Nina_McKee_)
Iuliana Urechi (@IulianaUrechi)
Olivia Dunlap (@ocdunlap)
Travis Luckenbaugh (@TL_84)
Antoine Plu (@AntoinePlu)
Thiago Rocha (@thia9uera)
Richard Moss (@richardmoss77)
Noreen Rana (@neomonki)
Antoine Cadoret (@JackNUMBER)
Gustavo Carneiro (@GuGuCuquinha)
Frederick Sundstrom (@sundstromfred)
Jordan Addams (@KoenjiUK)
Rick Kole (@DistantGiant)
Matthijs van de Laar (@Matthijz)
Cai Jones (@Caijonesaudio)
Matt Needler (@FireDragon04)
Xelu (Nick) (@xelubest)
Minh Bui (@minhbth)
Holly Hilson (@HollyHilsonArt)
Gioele Casazza (@gioel4)
Luke Day (@dayluke01)
Kyle Collis (@KyleDCollis)
Anett Jaschke (@foofarawr)
Esther Felicies (@RehtseStudio)
Vivian Ortenzi (@_ortenzi)
Daniel Rhodes (@dan__rhodes)
Leeying Foo (@yingtastic)
Julien Grimard (@juliengrimard)
Viktoria Kupina (@heishell1117)